Open Records Policy
With prior written request, corporate records, books, and
annual reports, subject to exceptions provided by the Public Information Act, Chapter 552,
Texas Government Code, including any amendments thereto, shall be available for public
inspection and copying by the public or their duly authorized representatives during normal
business hours subject to a reasonable charge for the preparation of copies.
In the event
of any conflict between the provisions of the Public Information Act and the provisions of
the Bylaws, the provisions of the Public Information Act shall prevail.
- Requests must be in writing.
- Records will be provided as quickly as reasonably
possible taking into account staff work load, but not later than ten business
days from the time of request.
- In the event that it will take longer than 10 business days
to produce the records requested, the JWSC will provide, within the 10 business days,
written notice to the requestor of the reason for the delay.
- Documents may be viewed in the office or copies
provided at requestor's expense.
- Documents which exist in digital format may
be requested in digital form. Such requests will be satisfied by e-mail
delivery in PDF format.
- Personnel documents are not public records.